07 July 2015

Succumbed to the pleasure

Didn't need no words to exclaim 
I was pulled by a tremendous force that I resisted in vain
Sitting on the edge of your unfamiliar bed
You drew me to the fire while I tried to flee from the pain

I avoided the exposure
You tempted me to closure
I couldn’t let you burn me and yet I couldn’t resist the scene
I let myself walk into the fire while it consumed me

Piece by piece, I started falling in way too deep
I tried to stay afloat but the currents kept pulling me in 
I knew you had hooked me onto your strings
But I then knew I couldn’t let go being a part of these songs you sing  

I was shallow, I gave in 
Your love seduced me, it didn't cease

Without your presence, whats this existence of mine 
I succumbed to the pleasure of you, oh so divine

I now look into your brown eyes
I realise you’re all that I’ve been waiting for all my life 
Without your love, life would not have been the same
With your love, Im ready to go through any pain

No comments:

Post a Comment